Marula Oil (Scelerocarya birrea)
Marula Oil is extracted from the kernels of the fruit from marula trees, which are indigenous to Southern Africa, West Africa and Madagascar. The oil has a nutty aroma and clear, light yellow colour.
A Multi-Purpose Carrier Oil
Marula oil can either be used on its own or combined with other ingredients to create a number of cosmetic products such as; shampoos and hair conditioners; facial moisturisers, body lotions and nail treatments.
Properties of Marula Oil
Marula Oil is mostly made up of monounsaturated fatty acids, which make it stable. It also has a number of other qualities that make it ideal for use in cosmetic products, such as:
- An exceptional absorption rate and the ability to aid the skin retain moisture for longer
- A high concentration of antioxidants, essential fatty acids and amino acids
- The richest source of Linoleic and Oleic (Omega 9) fatty acids of any oil found in nature
- Double the amount of tocopherols (popular anti-aging skin care ingredient) than found in Argan oil
- High levels of anti-inflammatory polyphenols
In essence, Marula Oil is antioxidating, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial. A true wonder oil with properties that nourish, protect repair and restore skin, hair and nails. Easily absorbed, Marula Oil leaves hair and skin feeling soft, silky and well-nourished – never oily.
Benefits & Uses of Marula Oil
Marula Oil is commonly used in cosmetics to nourish, protect and repair skin and hair.
It repairs the damage caused by pollutants, soothes dry and irritated skin, reduces inflammation and redness and heals scars.
Marula Oil is used in cosmetics and hair and nail treatments to
Ramified Organic Marula Oil is:
- Moisturise all skin types
- Smooth wrinkles and boost collagen production
- Treat stretch marks
- Fight acne
- Hydrate dry, dull hair
- Restore shine and gloss to hair
- Condition cuticles and nail beds
- Diminish scars
- All natural, wild-harvest and non-GMO
- Suitable for all types of skin
- Plant based and environmentally-friendly
For more information or to order your cold-pressed Marula Oil, please visit our Contact Page